3 ways to combine PDFs in macOS.
Discover multiple strategies to turn multiple documents into a single PDF.
Different ways to combine files on a Mac:
- Open PDFs with a PDF editor like Adobe Acrobat and click Combine Files.
- Drag and drop PDFs into the Acrobat online tools window.
- Locate your PDFs using Finder, and then open them in Preview to merge them into a single PDF document.
You accumulate many digital documents over the course of your life. As time goes by, keeping track of the ones you need can get complicated.
Whether you’re organizing receipts for your tax preparer, PDF forms and documents for a court case, or scanned copies of your grandmother’s old love letters, it’s useful to combine many different PDF documents into a single file. It’s a lot easier to share or compress a combined PDF file, and it reduces clutter on your hard drive.
3. How to combine PDF files on a Mac using Adobe Acrobat.
Acrobat is a great way to merge multiple files — either PDFs or other file formats — into a single document.
- With your PDF open in Acrobat, choose Combine Files from the menu on the right.
- Click Add Files, or choose files you want and drag them into the Add Files window. You can add a variety of documents, including Microsoft PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, images, and emails.
- Click Combine to merge all the added documents into a single PDF.
Other ways Acrobat can help you perfect your PDFs.
Once you’ve got your brand-new PDF, you can still make changes. With Acrobat’s selection of PDF editing tools, you can change text or graphics right in the file, fix typos and spelling errors, and find and replace specific keywords throughout the document.
If you want to reorder pages in your document in Acrobat, just click the Organize Pages tool in the drop-down menu at the top of the app or in the right pane. There you can drag and drop page thumbnails into whatever order you like, and save them as soon as you’re happy with the new arrangement.
Depending on the size of your PDF, you may want to compress it for easy sharing or simply to take up less space on your hard drive. Fortunately, the free Compress PDF tool can shrink the size of your document with just one click.
No matter how you decide to combine your PDFs, Acrobat offers all kinds of shortcuts to streamline and simplify the process.