What is Photoshop Elements 2018 and who is it for?
Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 is photo editing software used by anyone who wants to make their photos look amazing. It offers effortless organization, automated options and step-by-step guidance for editing, and easy ways to make and share stunning photo creations. Learn more.
Can I use Photoshop Elements on more than one machine?
You can install Photoshop Elements on two computers, but you can only use one copy of the software at a time. If your computer crashes or you switch to using a different computer, you can reinstall the product without having to contact Adobe Customer Support.
What’s the difference between Photoshop Elements and Adobe Premiere Elements?
- Photoshop Elements is designed for people who take lots of photos and want to automatically organize them, make them look great, create with them, and print and share with family and friends.
- Premiere Elements is designed for people who take lots of videos and want to easily organize them, make them look great, turn them into polished movies, and share with family and friends.
- Both apps share a common Organizer for easy access to all photos and videos. They’re sold separately or bundled together as Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements.
How does Photoshop Elements differ from Photoshop and Photoshop Lightroom software?
- Photoshop Elements is designed for consumers who are just getting started with photo editing and want an easy way to organize, edit, create, and share their photos.
- Photoshop is the professional standard for creating compelling images, designs, and 3D artwork.
- Photoshop Lightroom addresses the workflow needs of professional and advanced amateur photographers, enabling them to import, process, organize, and showcase large volumes of digital photographs.
I use free photo editing software. Why should I consider Photoshop Elements 2018?
Most free photo editors offer a very limited set of editing tools. Photoshop Elements is the #1 selling consumer photo editing software in America* because it provides every level of user everything they need to organize, edit, create, and share:
- The Organizer to automatically go from hundreds of mystery folders to a visual view of your photos automatically sorted by date, subject, people, and places.
- Quick mode to make one-click fixes.
- Guided Edits for step-by-step help with creative techniques and effects.
- Expert mode for complete photo transformations.
- The ability to create and share printed artwork, new dynamic slideshows, and gifts for friends and family.
- Access to inspiration and tutorials with eLive right within the product.
Should I buy Photoshop Elements 2018 or the Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements 2018 bundle?
If you like to take and share photos and videos, get the bundle to:
- Use a common Organizer for easy access to all your photos and videos.
- Edit and share photos and videos together in creative ways.
- Get a great value.
Where can I learn more about new features?
See the Features page for details.
What features from previous versions are not available in Photoshop Elements 2018?
A handful of features from previous versions are not available in Photoshop Elements 2018 due to new product support for 64-bit systems. They include:
- Photo Mail
- Photomerge Style Match
- Magic Extractor tool
- Texture Fill
- Frame from video
- Interactive layout mode in Photomerge Panorama
- Photoshop Showcase
What are the minimum system requirements to run Photoshop
See the system requirements for more information.
Does Photoshop Elements support Windows 32-bit operating systems?
No, it only supports 64-bit installations.
Where can I ask a technical or how-to question related to Photoshop Elements?
Visit the Photoshop Elements forums to get answers from product team members and other expert users.
You can also use the following helpful resources:
- Find basic troubleshooting steps to fix most issues.
- Report a bug or request a feature.
- Need help? Start here to get support.
I own an older version of Photoshop Elements. Can I get upgrade pricing?
Yes, we offer upgrade pricing for existing customers.
Where can I find out about volume licensing for Photoshop Elements 2018?
For licensing questions, visit the Adobe Volume Licensing page or contact your local Adobe sales representative.
Learning Photoshop Elements
How can I get started with Photoshop Elements 2018?
Check out Photoshop Elements Learn & Support for all you need to get started—video and step-by-step-tutorials, Help content and links to resources offering comprehensive product support from Adobe and our knowledgeable community.
Where can I find the manual?