What is Photoshop Elements 2019 and who is it for?
Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019 is photo editing software used by anyone who wants to edit and create with their photos. It offers easy ways to get started, effortless organisation, step-by-step guidance for editing and fun ways to make and share stunning photo creations. Plus, it’s fast and easy with photo and video automation powered by Adobe Sensei AI technology. Learn more.
Can I instal Photoshop Elements on more than one machine?
You can only instal Photoshop Elements on one computer at a time, with a maximum of two installs while you own the software. In other words, if your computer crashes or you switch to using a different computer, you can reinstall the software one time without having to contact Adobe Customer Support.
What’s the difference between Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements?
- Photoshop Elements is designed for people who take lots of photos and want to automatically organise them, make them look great, create with them and print and share with family and friends.
- Premiere Elements is designed for people who take lots of videos and want to easily organise them, make them look great, turn them into polished films and share with family and friends.
- Both apps share a common Organiser for easy access to all photos and videos.
- They’re sold separately or bundled together as Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements.
How does Photoshop Elements differ from Photoshop CC, Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC and Lightroom CC software?
- Photoshop Elements is designed for consumers who are just getting started with photo editing and want an easy way to organise, edit, create and share their photos.
- Photoshop CC is the professional standard for creating compelling images, designs and 3D artwork.
- Lightroom Classic CC addresses the workflow needs of professional and advanced amateur photographers on the desktop,
enabling them to import, process, organise and showcase large volumes of digital photographs.
- Lightroom CC is the cloud-based service that lets people easily edit, organise, store and share their photos anywhere — on mobile devices, the web or the desktop.
I use free photo editing software. Why should I consider Photoshop Elements 2019?
Most free photo editors offer a very limited set of editing tools. Photoshop Elements is the leader in consumer photo editing software because it provides every level of user everything they need to organise, edit, create and share:
- Auto-generated creations delivered right to you upon launch—all powered by Adobe Sensei AI technology.
- The home screen for feature highlights, inspiration, help and learning.
- The Organiser to automatically go from hundreds of mystery folders to a visual view of your photos auto sorted by dates, subjects, people and places.
- Quick Edit to make one-click fixes.
- Fifty-three Guided Edits for step-by-step help with creative techniques and effects.
- Expert Edit for complete photo transformations.
- The ability to create and share printed artwork, dynamic slideshows and gifts for friends and family.
Should I buy Photoshop Elements 2019 or the Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements 2019 bundle?
If you like to take and share photos and videos, get the bundle to:
- Use a common Organiser for easy access to all your photos and videos.
- Edit and share photos and videos together in creative ways.
- Get a great value.
Where can I learn more about new features?
See the Features page for details.
Where can I find the serial number to install Photoshop Elements?
There’s one serial number for both Windows and Mac and it’s located on the back of the Windows DVD sleeve inside the box.
What are the minimum system requirements to run Photoshop
See the system requirements for more information.
Does Photoshop Elements support Windows 32-bit operating systems?
No, it only supports 64-bit installations.
Is Photoshop Elements 2019 faster than before?
Yes, you’ll experience faster installation as well as faster performance throughout Photoshop Elements.
Does Photoshop Elements 2019 support the HEIF image format?
Yes, you can import and edit HEIF images on macOS.
Where can I ask a technical or how-to question related to Photoshop Elements?
Visit the Photoshop Elements forums to get answers from product team members and other expert users.
You can also use the following helpful resources:
- Find basic troubleshooting steps to fix most issues.
- Report a bug or request a feature.
- Need help? Start here to get support.
I own an older version of Photoshop Elements. Can I get upgrade pricing?
Yes, we offer upgrade pricing for existing customers.
Where can I find out about volume licensing for Photoshop Elements 2019?
For licensing questions, visit the Adobe Volume Licensing page or contact your local Adobe sales representative.
Learning Photoshop Elements
How can I get started with Photoshop Elements 2019?
The home screen offers direct links to tutorials and fun things to try with your photos. You can also check out Photoshop Elements Learn & Support for all you need to get started—video and step-by-step-tutorials, Help content and links to resources offering comprehensive product support from Adobe and our knowledgeable community.
Where can I find the manual?
You can find web and PDF versions of the manual on the Photoshop Elements Help page. To learn more about the latest features in Photoshop Elements, read the What’s New Summary.
What features from previous versions are not available in Photoshop Elements 2019?
A handful of features from previous versions are not available in Photoshop Elements 2019 due to new product support for 64-bit systems. They include:
- Photo Mail
- Photomerge Style
- MatchMagic Extractor tool
- Texture FillFrame from video
- Interactive layout mode in Photomerge Panorama
- Photoshop Showcase