Welcome to Adobe's first Intellectual Property (IP) takedowns report, which shares information about the copyright and trademark takedown requests we received during our fiscal year 2014 (and what we did in response to them). We did not receive any US or international government requests to remove content in FY 14.
Like other service providers, Adobe frequently receives complaints from copyright owners that we are hosting infringing content. However, we only remove content that we host when we receive a valid, complete Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) notice. In FY ’14, the vast majority of copyright complaints we received (about 90%) related to our Behance creative portfolio web site. The remaining 10% related to our Business Catalyst web hosting service.
Trademark complaints are much less common (we received only ten of them in FY ’14) but the ratio of complaints by service is about the same as it is for copyright -- 90% for Behance and 10% for Business Catalyst. As with DMCA notices, we only respond to formal trademark complaints that contain complete information that lets us verify infringement.
You can learn more about Adobe’s IP takedown policies and practices here. If you believe Adobe is hosting content that infringes your copyright, you can let us know here.
IP Takedowns Report (FY’ 14)
1 December 2013 – 30 November 2014