Creative photoshoot ideas for models.
Learn more about the types of model photoshoots, plus get some creative photoshoot ideas to help make your next modeling session a success.
When it comes to modeling sessions, it’s your job as the photographer to come up with photoshoot ideas. In addition, the model will look to you for guidance and direction during the photoshoot, so it’s important to already have ideas and poses in mind to keep the shoot flowing.
Determine the type of modeling session.
Some common categories of modeling include fashion, commercial, corporate, fitness, and glamour. The type of project you’re working on will help determine the type of photoshoot you’ll create.
For example, a corporate photoshoot will typically have a more formal and professional approach, whereas high fashion or glamour photoshoots can leave more room for creativity and exploring new techniques.
Plan your model photoshoot.
Once you’re clear on the type of modeling session you’re preparing for, you can start actually planning the poses and the theme of the shoot. Consider whether you will need props, where the shoot will take place, and if there will be natural light or you’ll need to bring your own.
Creating an inspiration board can also be helpful in the planning process. No matter what type of modeling session you’re shooting, having some ideas ready will help keep the shoot moving smoothly.
Model photoshoot ideas.
Here are some creative techniques and ideas to help you brainstorm your next shoot:
- Introduce mirrors for creative angles and perspectives
- Take neon-lit photos at night
- Look for reflections in windows, water, and other surfaces
- Add colorful smoke to your shot
- Play around with vibrant colors, such as neon clothing, makeup, and hair
- Play with light and shadows by shooting a model in half-light
- Add props such as umbrellas, cotton candy, balloons, and more
- Shoot in unexpected places, like bookshops or grocery stores
Create visually stunning model photos.
With photo tools from Adobe, you can capture, edit, and share your modeling photographs from anywhere in the world.
Find out more about what you can do with Adobe Photoshop and Photoshop Lightroom.