What are Department of Education forms?

Learn more about common U.S. Department of Education forms, and when to use each.

If you ever have questions regarding education in the United States, the U.S. Department of Education’s website is a great place to start (www.ed.gov). This department is responsible for providing financial aid for education for many Americans, as well as collecting information and improving education systems. Let’s explore some of the common forms available on the site and when you might need each.

Financial grants and more.

Since the Department gives out financial aid, you’ll find many forms on the website regarding federal grants, scholarships, and work-study options.

Common federal grants include Pell Grants, Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grants, and Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grants.

Scholarships may be available through non-profit or private organizations, while the federal work-study program will help you pay for school by working part-time.

While the forms will vary based on what you apply for, you can complete most of the applications online via fillable PDFs and electronic signatures.

Common tax forms.

If you’re currently attending a college or university or have recently graduated, you’ll also find important tax forms on the Department of Education website.

The Tuition Statement Form (1098-T) will allow you to report the college tuition expenses you paid for the previous year and, if you’re in the process of paying back your student loans, you can use the Student Loan Interest Form (1098-E) to report any interest paid on loans for the previous year — both of which can possibly result in tax credits.

Skip the printer and the stamps. Take a moment to discover everything that’s possible with Acrobat Sign today.