Though every application has different hardware requirements, many PCs won’t deliver the fluid performance you need when creating in 3D. When your computer doesn’t meet the minimum specifications, you can run into problems, such as less detailed graphics and longer render times, and even inconsistent frame rates and computer crashes. To ensure a seamless 3D experience, you ideally need a high-performance, workstation-class PC.
Workstation-class PCs have a dedicated GPU to render 3D in real time, as well as enhanced storage, memory, and security to power and protect your projects. They’re able to handle high-res, multilayered files for working across multiple applications — so they’re well suited to 3D workflows.
We’ve had good experiences running the Substance 3D tools on computers manufactured by HP, particularly on its high-performance Z brand. Some advantages of Z for 3D workflows include:
- Powerful, customized configurations for real-time 3D rendering
- High-speed processors, NVIDIA graphics cards, and expansive storage and memory options on desktop devices and laptops
- VR-ready laptops and desktops for high-quality creation and consumption of VR experiences
- Color-critical displays designed for absolute color precision
- Remote Boost software, allowing you to connect to your PC remotely and use its capabilities from any device
For more information on how the Substance 3D tools dovetail with the Z by HP 3D desktops and notebooks, view the HP page on the subject.