5. Save the PDF in the folder of your choice.
Benefits of turning a Google Doc into a PDF.
There are many benefits of converting Google Docs to PDFs. We’ll briefly cover some key advantages.
- Universally recognised and trusted. PDFs are the format of business and have been for years, since they were invented in the early 1990s. Businesses across the globe trust the file format with their contracts, reports and other sensitive documents.
- Goodbye printing and version control. Combine Google Docs and Adobe Acrobat to say goodbye to multiple versions and print outs. Google Docs use master versions that update in real time. PDFs, which can be emailed direct from Google Docs, can be signed electronically in Acrobat.
- Accessible anywhere. By working with Adobe Acrobat and Google Docs, you know your PDF will be accessible from pretty much anywhere. Colleagues and clients can pick them up on their smartphones or while hot-desking in your Hong Kong office.
Before getting started, check out our frequently asked questions on turning your Google Doc into a PDF.
How do I electronically sign a PDF?
Electronic signatures are one of the main advantages of PDFs. You can e-sign your PDF in a few simple steps:
1. Open the PDF with Adobe Acrobat or Reader
2. Find the Fill and Sign toolbar and hit the Sign icon
3. Choose whether you want to use your full signature or initials
4. Type your name or digitally sign the Signature panel
Get the full step-by-step guide to e-signing your PDF.
How do I convert a Google Doc to a PDF?
Converting a Google Doc to a PDF is easy. You download the Google Docs file as a PDF by following this path: File > Download > PDF Document.
You then have the PDF version saved in your Downloads folder on your laptop or desktop. You can also send Google Docs as PDFs direct from your email - ideal for sharing CVs when applying for a job.
Related Acrobat content.
Get the best from Acrobat with more tips and guides.