Guidelines for sharing a menu PDF on Facebook.
After you post a PDF to Facebook of your menu, Facebook may review it to ensure it complies with their guidelines. If not, they might contact you about changes to make or remove it. To avoid this, your menu must:
- Be up to 1 MB in size.
- Include multiple items listed with a text title for each one.
- Have items that are clearly readable.
- Contain multiple items on each page (when it has more than one page).
Listing prices on your menu is optional.
Benefits of sharing a PDF on Facebook.
There are lots of advantages to sharing PDFs on Facebook. Here are some of the top ways a business could benefit from doing so.
- Engage with customers. PDFs are a great way to display your prices, menus, pictures and infographics to customers — because they will open and be read within the user’s web browser. This provides maximum accessibility, so everyone can access them on desktop or a mobile device.
- One master copy. Rather than emailing documents to current customers, you can keep all your important PDFs in one place. That means whenever something changes, you can upload the new version and then use Facebook to inform your customers.
- Share useful assets. If you’ve created whitepapers, menus or other vital information about your business that won’t change often, storing these as PDFs on your Facebook page means customers can access them easily.
Here are some of the other questions you might want to know about sharing a PDF on Facebook.
How do I download a PDF file?
When you click an online link to a PDF file, your computer will automatically open it for viewing in your Internet browser using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
This does not mean it has saved to your PC and you will be unable to find it again once you navigate away or close the page. Click the Download icon in the top corner to save a copy to your Downloads folder.
How do I convert a PDF to a photo?
To convert a PDF to a photo:
- Open the file you want to convert in Adobe Acrobat
- Find the Export PDF tool in the right-hand pane
- Choose JPG from the list of image formats and a new save window will open
- Give your new JPG a name and choose its destination folder
- Click the Save button to create your new image file.
We’ve got a handy guide to help you do this - check out PDF to JPG: Easy as ABC.
How do I unlock a PDF file?
Open the file in Adobe Acrobat and enter the existing password to gain access. You can now remove the password protection by going to Tools > Protect > Encrypt > Remove Security and a new window will open.
You can now unselect any activated security options, but remember that this will now mean that anyone can read the contents of your PDF.
Related Acrobat content.
Try our other tips and guides to make the most of Acrobat and the PDF format.