Guidelines for sharing a menu PDF on Facebook.
After you post a PDF to Facebook of your menu, Facebook may review it to ensure it complies with their guidelines. If not, they might contact you about changes to make or remove it. To avoid this, your menu must:
- Be up to 1 MB in size. If your PDF file is too large, you can shrink it by converting it to black and white..
- Include multiple items listed with a text title for each one.
- Have items that are clearly readable.
- Contain multiple items on each page (when it has more than one page).
- Listing prices on your menu is optional.
Ready to get started? Learn how to create a PDF.
Benefits of sharing a PDF on Facebook.
There are lots of advantages to sharing PDFs on Facebook. Here are some of the top ways a business could benefit from doing so.
- Engage with customers. PDFs are a great way to display your prices, menus, pictures and infographics to customers — because they will open and be read within the user’s web browser. This provides maximum accessibility, so everyone can access them on desktop or a mobile device.
- One master copy. Rather than emailing documents to current customers, you can keep all your important PDFs in one place. That means whenever something changes, you can upload the new version and then use Facebook to inform your customers.
- Share useful assets. If you’ve created whitepapers, menus or other vital information about your business that won’t change often, storing these as PDFs on your Facebook page means customers can access them easily.
Find answers to the top questions about sharing a PDF on Facebook.
How do I download a PDF file?
When you click an online link to a PDF file, your computer will automatically open it for viewing in your Internet browser using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
This does not mean it has saved to your PC and you will be unable to find it again once you navigate away or close the page. Click the Download icon in the top corner to save a copy to your Downloads folder.
How do I convert a PDF to a photo?
Converting a PDF to a photo file is an easy way to share the content of a PDF on your personal Facebook page. Find out how to convert PDF to a photo in easy steps online.
How do I unlock a PDF file?
Open the file in Adobe Acrobat and enter the existing password to gain access. You can now remove the password protection by going to Tools > Protect > Encrypt > Remove Security and a new window will open.
You can now unselect any activated security options, but remember that this will now mean that anyone can read the contents of your PDF. Check out our guide for more information on how to unlock a PDF.
Whether you’re creating content for your business, a group, or your friends and family, sharing a PDF on Facebook is a great way to share useful resources. Explore all our Adobe Acrobat tools and features.
More tips on Acrobat.
Try our other tips and guides to make the most of Acrobat and the PDF format.