Not only does Adobe build security into its products at every step, but we also use the same, proven methodologies and tools that your IT department uses to help ensure the security of your organization's network and systems. Plus, Adobe's strong relationships with leading security vendors and our active involvement in standards organizations and with industry policymakers let you rest assured that your information is safe when you use Adobe software products or online services.
Helping make IT administration easier
If you're an IT administrator, managing your Adobe software deployment and keeping all your users updated is job one. That's why we provide comprehensive configuration management tools and simple, easy-to-install patches for all our products. And, thanks to Adobe's seamless integration with leading system management platforms, maintaining control of your Adobe software has never been easier.
Providing a wide range of IT security capabilities
At Adobe, we are committed to reducing the risk posed by malware and other security threats and vulnerabilities in our software products. By implementing a wide variety of industry-standard security capabilities, including encryption, digital signatures, rights management, and content redaction, as well as cutting-edge security techniques, such as "sandboxing," Adobe makes it easier for you to keep your information secure.
Product security resources for enterprise and government
- Adobe Product Security Strategy — Adobe is committed to product security, implementing processes to improve our responsiveness, information sharing, and support for customers when incidents occur. This white paper describes the overall strategy for ensuring the security of all Adobe products and services.
- The Adobe Secure Product Lifecycle (SPLC) — Learn how Adobe builds security into its products at every step with a rigorous set of industry-leading best practices.
- Incident Response Program — If external security researchers, partners, or customers discover a vulnerability after a product ships, the Adobe Product Security Incident Response Team (PSIRT) responds to resolve the security issue quickly, effectively, and thoroughly. PSIRT is your first line of defense for vulnerability resolution and threat mitigation. This solution brief outlines our incident response program and the PSIRT process for vulnerability resolution against all Adobe products and services.
- Adobe Reader X and Adobe Acrobat X security — Adobe® Reader® X and Adobe Acrobat® X software take the security of PDF documents — and your data — to a whole new level. Engineered with security in mind, Reader X and Acrobat X deliver better application security thanks to Protected Mode and new capabilities that allow more granular controls, tighter integration with operating system security controls, and improved deployment and administration tools. This white paper details the new security capabilities built into these newest versions.
- Adobe solutions for government — Discover how Adobe's ubiquitous Adobe Reader and Adobe Flash® Player software can help you create more secure solutions for information exchange at the state, local, and federal levels.
- Adobe solutions for protecting personally identifiable information (PII) — Understand how to protect citizens' confidential data and comply with government regulations regarding PII leakage, loss, or breach using Adobe LiveCycle® Rights Management ES software.
- Secure web conferencing — Safely share rich media files, including data, voice, and video, in virtual meeting rooms using Adobe Connect™ software, with the confidence that your sensitive information is kept confidential.
- ASSET overview (PDF, 765k) — The industry-leading security experts on the Adobe Secure Software Engineering Team (ASSET) follow security best practices and work with our individual product security teams to ensure the highest level of security is built into every Adobe product.