How to write on a PDF on an Android.
Work on your PDFs with nothing but your Android device. Learn how to type and add text to PDF documents on Android.
Android is the world’s most popular mobile operating system. It’s no wonder, then, that most people find themselves working with PDFs on their Android devices while on the go. But as a default, Android has limited support for PDF editing, like typing on PDF documents.
Since you’re reading this guide, you’re probably wondering how to write on a PDF on an Android. Good news — the process is fast and simple with Adobe Acrobat online services.
Write on PDFs on an Android device.
- Launch your web browser and navigate to Edit PDF with comments in Acrobat online services.
- To view the Edit PDF page like the desktop site, tap the three vertical dots in the upper-right corner and select that option from the dropdown menu.
- Tap the blue button labeled “Select a file,” which will take you to your recent files to upload a PDF. You can grab files from anywhere your phone can connect to — internal storage, Google Drive, or your service cloud.
- Sign in to make edits to your file using either an Adobe login or one of the other login methods, such as Google or Apple.
- Tap the Text icon in the toolbar.
- Adjust the size and color of text.
- Tap anywhere to begin typing.
- Adjust the size of the textbox and drag it to where you want it.
- Download your edited PDF file or share a link, which will let others see the edits online.
Add text to a PDF with the free Adobe Reader app.
In the free Acrobat Reader app, you can add comments and sticky notes using the commenting and markup tools.
To add a sticky note anywhere:
- Open your PDF in Acrobat Reader.
- Select the Sticky Note tool from the Annotations panel.
- Tap where you want the note to appear.
- Begin typing in the box that appears.
To comment on specific text:
- Click Comment > Annotations.
- Select the Highlight Text tool.
- Tap to select the text you want to highlight.
- Double tap the highlighted text.
- Type the contents of the pop-up note.
How to fill out a PDF file on Android.
The free Acrobat Reader app is a great tool for filling out PDF forms. Here’s how to do it:
- Download Acrobat Reader.
- Launch the app.
- Download the PDF form to your device.
- Open the Acrobat app and press the plus sign at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the Edit PDF option and then navigate to the form you want.
- Touch the pencil icon at the bottom of the screen, then select Edit PDF.
- Fill in the form and touch done at the top of the screen.
How to fill out a form on Android in Google Drive.
A PDF that is set up as a fillable form can also be filled out in Google Drive.
- Open the Google Drive app on your Android device.
- Tap the file with the form that needs to be filled out.
- Tap Fill Out Form, and enter your text in the field or fields.
- Tap Save.
Type on PDFs with Android devices like a pro.
With Acrobat online, you can do much more to PDFs than just type on them. Easily add sticky notes and annotations, compress files, request signatures, mark up text, and convert PDFs to other file formats — all on your Android device.
Discover everything you can do with Acrobat online services today.