Convert your Gmail emails to PDF documents.
Learn the step-by-step instructions needed to convert emails from your Gmail account to PDF documents so they can be stored and shared.
PDF is the most universally accepted digital document format. Nearly every computer or mobile device can read a PDF document. The file type prevents unwanted changes and can be easily shared.
Converting important emails to PDFs is a practice that many people depend upon to stay organized since PDFs can be saved on your computer using the same file structure you use for other documents.
How to convert Gmail to a PDF.
Many people want the simplicity of a single filing system — not one for documents and another for email. If you receive an email about taxes, for example, that email may be easier to find in the future if it’s saved on your computer along with other tax-related documents.
Use these instructions to get the most out of your email system by converting crucial emails to PDFs and saving them where they can be easily found. Here’s how to convert Gmail to PDF:
- Open the desired email.
- Click on the printer icon to open the print dialog.
- Change the Destination selection to Print As PDF.
- Navigate to the desired location on your computer and click Save.
A PDF is one of the easiest document types to view, share, and collaborate on. Whether you are saving a message from a co-worker or friend, having a PDF saved of your important emails will ensure things don’t get lost. Accidents happen, and it’s always good to have important content saved in more than one place. Plus, a PDF gives it a clean look. Transforming your Gmail to a PDF should be as simple as possible so you can share your quality content. Adobe Acrobat makes document transformation a breeze and ensures you have all the tools you need in one place to make adjustments as needed.
Gmail to PDF using the Gmail app.
The Gmail app is convenient for on-the-go email viewing and sharing, and PDFs can be equally convenient. Here are the steps to transform your Gmail emails into PDFs through the Gmail app:
- In the Gmail app, locate the email that you wish to save as a PDF.
- Select the three-dot menu. (On iOS, it is at the top of the email. For Android users, it is in the top right corner of the screen.)
- On iOS, select Airprint, and zoom in on the thumbnail. On an Android, select Print.
- On iOS, select the Share icon at the top right corner, then Save to Files. For an Android, choose the down arrow, then Save as PDF > PDF.
- For iOS, the Gmail email should be saved as a PDF at this point. For an Android, indicate where you would like the PDF to be saved, then choose Save.
How to batch convert Gmail to PDF.
You may have numerous important messages that you would like to save as PDFs, but there are so many that doing one at a time would take far too long. You will need to install third-party software to batch convert Gmails to PDFs. The Gmail Backup Tool can help you easily transform your Gmail emails into PDFs.
- Install the Gmail Backup Tool to your computer.
- Select Gmail as your email source, and type in your Gmail account credentials.
- Select your desired mailbox folders by checking the checkboxes.
- Select the PDF option from Select Saving Option.
- From there, you can set up filters by selecting the Advanced Settings option for desired email messages.
- Choose Backup to save multiple Gmail emails to PDF formats.
The Gmail Backup Tool will have your Gmail messages transferred to PDFs within minutes.
It’s always best to have important content in more than one place for easy access and to prevent important messages from getting lost. By converting your Gmail messages to PDFs, you make them easily accessible, viewable, and shareable on any device. PDFs provide a clean, professional look for your content, but it’s also easy to collaborate on PDFs with Adobe Acrobat. Acrobat is the premiere tool for editing and collaborating and will only continue to grow with your evolving document needs.
Whether you’re in an office or working remotely, Acrobat has all the tools you need in one place to adjust your document to perfection. You can convert emails and other documents to PDFs and provide a safe way to save and share important information. When you’re working with Adobe Acrobat it’s easy to manage and edit documents while keeping important emails safe.
Take a moment to explore all that you can do with Acrobat today, including everything from requesting e-signatures on important documents to making edits such as rotating PDF pages or printing your PDF pages for ease of use.