How to split PDFs on an iPhone into multiple separate pages.
Wherever you are, you can divide a PDF into multiple smaller PDFs on your iPhone for any project.
Perhaps you have a large report for work in a PDF, and several colleagues in different locations each need to collaborate on and review one section. To make it simpler for everyone, you can split the PDF so that each part is in its own PDF. With Adobe Acrobat and Acrobat online services, you can easily create these new files right on your iPhone.
How to split a PDF on an iPhone.
Be sure you know the location of the PDF you need to split, and then follow these steps:
- Head to the Split PDF page and tap Select A File.
- Navigate to your PDF, choose it, and let it upload.
- Sign in with Adobe, Apple, or Google to continue.
- Tap on the dividing lines between thumbnail images to choose where you want to divide the PDF.
- When you finish setting the divisions, tap Save. You can save the new files in the existing folder or create a new one.
- Download, rename, password-protect, or share the new files.
If you share each new PDF with the appropriate team member, you can all focus more easily on the task at hand.
How to separate PDF pages on an iPhone.
For personal or professional reasons, you may need to split a PDF to highlight certain pieces of content or make it easier for viewers to get only the information they need. Separating PDFs from your iPhone is convenient, as our phones are usually with us more often than our laptops or desktops. The Files app is native to iPhones and can help you quickly separate PDF pages as needed.
- Open your PDF and tap the share icon.
- Select Print.
- From there, select Range and specify which pages will be the starting ones and which will be the ending ones. You can also swipe through and uncheck any unwanted pages by selecting the page thumbnail.
- Choose Print.
- Select an app or choose Save to Files. It will create a new PDF with your newly selected pages and save it.
You can also repeat these steps and split your PDF even further.
How to extract pages from PDFs on an iPhone.
You may only need a select number of pages from your PDF. Being able to do this from your iPhone is quick and convenient. If you wish to extract pages from a PDF on your iPhone, you will want to separate the pages and save them as a single document. You can extract pages via your iCloud drive or another file manager on your iPhone.
- Open your PDF file from your iCloud drive or different file manager. Once the file has opened, select the Share button and then choose Print.
- In Printer Options, choose the range of the pages you would like to extract. Once you have chosen the number of pages, pinch out in the preview pages.
- From there, a new page will appear and you can select the Share button again, then save your new PDF.
Once you have your pages extracted, you can download and send your PDF to friends or co-workers.
Do more with PDFs on your iPhone device
Making adjustments to PDFs on an iPhone, whether it’s extracting and separating pages or making other edits, should be as simple and seamless as possible. Being able to make edits from our iPhones helps to create ease and efficiency from anywhere and everywhere.
Adobe Acrobat and Acrobat online services elevate your PDF creation and editing experience by providing all the tools you need in one place. Your document needs are constantly changing and Adobe features are constantly changing with them. Whether with an iPhone or another device, Acrobat is accessible from your home, in the office, or wherever your next project may take you.
You’ve seen how easy it is to split a PDF right on your iPhone — explore what else Adobe Acrobat and Acrobat online services offer.