Adobe fast facts.
A quick overview of our history, leadership, key stats, and products.
Artwork by Manolo Ide
Adobe believes creativity empowers transformation — personally, professionally, and across all industries. We not only deliver strong financial results, but we’re also driving incredible innovation, adding millions of new customers, delivering billions of experiences across screens, and processing trillions of data transactions online.
December 1982 by Charles Geschke and John Warnock
Initial public offering
August 20, 1986, at a split-adjusted share price of US$0.17
San Jose, California, USA
Fiscal 2021 revenue: US$15.79 billion
(FY ended Dec. 3, 2021)
October 1983 in California;
reincorporated in Delaware, May 1997
More than 26,000 worldwide
Adobe Creative Cloud
We believe in creativity for all, so we give everyone the tools to discover and express their creativity through photography, design, video, animation, web and mobile user experiences, and more.
- Over 90% of the world’s creative professionals use Adobe Photoshop.
- Adobe Stock now offers 300+ million assets, including more than 184 million photos, 87 million vectors and illustrations, 25 million videos, 63,000 audio tracks, 4.8 million Premium assets, and over 1 million free photos, vectors, videos, templates, illustrations, and 3D assets.
- Behance, Adobe’s online creative community, has over 30+ million members. Creatives worldwide use Behance to showcase work and find inspiration.
- Creative Cloud 2D and 3D design tools transform old “make, use, dispose” design processes into elegant, sustainable, circular design workflows. A digital design phase means more resources for our planet.
Adobe Document Cloud
We make it easy for people and businesses to create, edit, share, scan, and sign digital documents so they can communicate and collaborate securely across devices.
- More than 400 billion PDFs were opened in Adobe products in the last year.
- More than 8 billion electronic and digital signature transactions were processed through Adobe Document Cloud in the past year. The majority of Fortune 100 companies rely on Adobe Acrobat Sign for fast, secure e-signatures.
- Adobe Scan is the leading scanning app on iOS and Android with more than 150 million downloads and 2.5 billion documents created.
- Documents created, signed, shared, and stored in Document Cloud drive a 90% cost savings and a 95% reduction in environmental impact compared with paper-based processes.
- Every 1 million Adobe Acrobat Sign transactions save 105 million liters of water, 31,000 trees, and the equivalent of taking 2,300 cars off the road for a year—plus reducing costs by more than $7.2 million.
Adobe Experience Cloud
We give businesses unmatched solutions for customer journey management, data analytics, content personalization, commerce and marketing workflows that drive long-term customer success.
- Industry analysts have named Adobe a leader in 40+ categories such as digital experience platforms, content management systems, customer analytics, CRM lead management, digital commerce, enterprise marketing software suites, and more.
- Adobe Experience Cloud is supported by an expansive global ecosystem of 4,000+ active solution integrator, agency, technology and marketplace partners and more than 460,000 developers and community members.
- With Adobe Analytics, we analyze more than 1 trillion visits to retail websites in the U.S. (aggregated and anonymized), as well as over 100 million product SKUs in 18 product categories, to provide e-commerce and online inflation insights to businesses, policymakers, and consumers.
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Executive Vice President and Chief Product Officer, Creative Cloud
President, Digital Experience Business
Chief People Officer and Executive Vice President, Employee Experience
Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President, Finance, Technology Services and Operations
Chief Marketing Officer and Executive Vice President, Corporate Strategy & Development
Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Chief Trust Officer
President, Digital Media Business
Day Software 2010
Omniture, Inc., 2009
Macromedia, Inc., 2005
We believe that creativity is the catalyst for positive change. Through our efforts, we inspire creativity in people who want to make a meaningful impact in the following areas:
Creativity for All
We support increasing access to creative literacy and digital skills, tools, and training for creators of all ages to empower everyone to reach their full potential.
We practice sustainability in everything we do, with a focus on driving Adobe product innovation that increases positive social and environmental outcomes for our customers and communities.
We empower our people and partners to build a more inclusive society through philanthropy, employee, and community engagement.
We are sincere, trustworthy, and reliable.
We’re committed to creating exceptional experiences that delight our employees and customers.
We’re highly creative and always striving to connect new ideas with business realities.
We’re inclusive, open, and actively engaged with our customers, partners, employees, and the communities we serve.
Gender Equality Index
Corporate Equality Index
Disability Equality Index
Next Big Things in Tech
Brands That Matter
Most Innovative Companies
World’s Best Workplaces
Best Employers for Diversity
Forbes & JUST Capital
World’s Most Admired Companies
World’s Best Workplaces
Best Places to Work
Best Global Brands
Companies That Care
Dow Jones Sustainability Index
S&P Dow Jones Indices