Real-world AI image generator situations to redefine and inspire creative workflow
AI image generators are dropping jaws with their ability to shrink your journey from imagination to image. What’s going to really blow your mind are the possibilities for transforming your creative and professional workflow.
Get a taste with these three real-world examples, and unlock how infinite instantaneous graphics, endless color combinations, and eye-popping text effects from Adobe Firefly can take your creative productivity and workflow to a whole new level.
Reinventing marketing workflow with AI image generators
If the brain-bending possibilities of AI image generators blow your mind, what it can do for your productivity and workflow may wow you even more. These approaches for streamlining your creative and marketing processes are a great place to start, but the applications and innovations that you can bring to your small business might be infinite.
AI image generators have introduced new ways of working by simplifying and accelerating the image creation process. Using text-to-image prompts, along with ready-to-use templates, customizable styles, and advanced editing options in Adobe Express, you can experiment with these tools and put a new twist on familiar ways of getting things done, creating new efficiencies and opportunities for how you do what you do.
Do your small business visual marketing efforts require:
- A high volume of imagery for brainstorming?
- Brand-consistent designs and graphics within a single theme or style?
- Short notice and quick turnaround graphic design needs?
If so, then AI image generators could be a game-changing addition to your small business toolbox, no matter if you’re a graphic designer, an architect, content maker, or product marketer. Let’s have a look at three unique AI image generator situations, each with applications reaching beyond these examples.
Three examples of how AI images can transform creative process
These three examples of situations where an AI image generator can enhance creative workflow are just that — examples! The type of project is not the most important thing: the vital exercise here is understanding how unleashing imagination and visualizing variation and alternative imagery can help communicate ideas to clients, narrow down or expand options for consideration, and give insight to inspiration.
Explore a vibe in your product marketing
Showcasing products effectively can lead to increased sales and customer engagement, so you want to get it right. How a product is depicted can contextualize its utility to a user, convey a feeling the customer could expect from the product experience, or help someone know if a product fits their needs or vibe. You’ll want to be certain a visual approach is the right way to go before you double down on art and photography direction, marketing campaign plans, or just the overall visual vibe for an advertisement.
In this situation, an AI image generator can be used to create a vast variety of backgrounds — whether realistic or fantastical, with variations major or minor — against which to mockup your product image, visually contextualizing how a customer might perceive said product or experience.
For example: hoping to appeal to fans of dance clubs and techno, a product manager or marketer of a new line of deluxe headphones could try out endless variations of surreal, out-of-this-world vibey backgrounds in the new Adobe Express. Let’s explore how to quickly create different styles of art direction inspiration for a product marketing campaign, using the new “Text to image” feature:
1. Get started in the Text to image section of Adobe Express homepage by writing your text prompt in the prompt writing field, then click the “Generate” button.
2. Now that your image is generated, fine tune the vibe by adjusting “Content type” and “Style,” found on the left of your workspace. If you like what you see, be sure to download and share your images as you go.
3. Or edit the prompt to take the headphones out and use your own product image using just a background.
Work up customer appetites with mouthwatering seasonal menus
Crafting an enticing menu for your establishment is about more than just listing dishes – it's about evoking an experience. Whether you run a cozy cafe, a fine dining restaurant, or a trendy bistro, your seasonal menu can set the stage for an unforgettable dining experience, and help curious customers know what to expect.
In this situation, an AI image generator can be used to feature engaging visual elements of your dishes and ingredients, capturing your menu’s unique essence in a high-impact way. For instance, if your seasonal menu prominently features the finest of citrus season, like a pomelo or grapefruit, you could:
1. Write a text to image prompt like, “Close up grapefruit slices on a backlit lightbox.”
2. Then, you could go into “Effects” to give your generative AI image a cool duo-tone treatment for a cool pink grapefruit vibe.
3. After that, head to the “Templates” in the column on the left to use of the thousands of remixable templates from Adobe Express to lay out your seasonal menu.
Bring your client on a mood board brainstorm
Creative, marketing, architectural, and design firms and freelancers can make use of AI image generators to efficiently brainstorm ideas and concepts for their client. By quickly articulating ideas via text prompts to bring to life visual ideas at a rapid pace, you can explore different styles, ideas, and vibes while making contextual edits to your vision on the fly by updating those prompts.
In this situation, an AI image generator can help an interior designer do rapid-fire variations of structural and decorating mockups for a client, creating a breezy, conversational workflow that allows for intuitive articulations of visual ideas and elements like color, mood, texture and feel. Say you’re trying to mine a design client’s mind for inspiration and ideas. In a real-world AI image generator situation like this, mood boards abound:
1. You could start with something as basic wallpaper or fabric ideas — begin with a basic prompt, something like “Sheepskin rug closeup” to tinker with textural elements.
2. Next, visualize a room your client might feel at home in with a prompt like “Large open volume bohemian residential living room.”
3. Tie your room and your materials together by amping up your text-to-image prompt with something like “A large open bohemian residential living room with a burnt orange tufted chesterfield couch with a small white sheepskin throw on arm of the sofa. Cover the entire wall behind the sofa only with cream-colored wallpaper zigzagged by purple crayon lines.”
4. The client loves the vibe, but has notes. Let’s instantly integrate their feedback into the mockup and make some big additions through little touch ups to the text-to-image prompt, and “Add a floor-to-ceiling window on a left-hand wall, Danish-oil hardwood floors, and make the image wide angle.” Before hitting the “Generate” button, look to the left and change the “Content type” to “Photo” to give your image a photorealistic polish.
When composing AI text prompts, manage expectations, not your imagination
Powered by Adobe Firefly, the generative AI capabilities included in our “new AI-first all-in-one content creation app” revolutionizes creative expression for all skill levels, creating custom images and text effects from just a simple text prompt in over 100 languages. However, it’s important to remember that writing text prompts for generative AI is a skill itself — and one that gets easier and more natural with practice.
Generative AI does not give an identical output every time, so understanding how to identify and recreate success in your prompt writing is great place to begin. As you integrate “Text to image” capabilities from Adobe Express into your creative and brainstorming workflow, “refining and iterating your text prompts can significantly impact the quality and relevance of the generated images.” Analyze your critique of the first attempt, then fine-tune your prompts to maneuver through undesired output. You can also “break down the prompt into sequential stages”or provide explicit instructions for the arrangement of elements.
Create incredible content with Adobe Express, powered by Firefly
Unlike other generative AI tools, Adobe Firefly is the most differentiated generative AI service available today, designed to generate images that are safe to use in commercial settings — free from copyrighted materials like popular characters and branded content.
Firefly is trained on hundreds of millions of professional-grade, licensed images in Adobe Stock — among the highest quality licensed images available to marketers and creatives — along with openly licensed and public domain content where a copyright has expired. Use simple text prompts in over 100 languages to make beautiful images, transform text, play with color, and so much more.
Enterprise businesses will be able to train Firefly with their own creative collateral and generate content in an organization or company’s own brand language. From there, just post to your social channels directly from Adobe Express — wham, bam, complete marketing synergy! It can take just minutes to bring your creative vision from idea to design to done, and your creative production workflow will never be the same.
And there’s so much more on the horizon. We’re exploring generating custom vectors, brushes, and textures from text prompts, altering the weather in a video with a few words, or turning simple 3D designs into photorealistic images and quickly creating new styles and variations. We’re exploring all of these possibilities and more.
Unlock your imagination with Firefly, and experiment, imagine, and create an infinite range of images with Firefly, generative AI-powered content creation from Adobe.