How to export images from PowerPoint files.
Learn how to export PPT files into easily sharable images with three simple methods.
PowerPoint is a great tool for giving presentations, but its PPT files can be challenging to share. Since you need PowerPoint to open them, viewing PPT files on some devices can be difficult — or impossible.
One way to share PowerPoint presentations is to turn the slides into image files. Read on to learn how to export images from PPT files — and why you should share them as PDFs instead.
Export single images from PowerPoint.
Exporting single embedded images from a PPT file is easy. Follow these steps:
- Open the PPT file in PowerPoint.
- Right-click on an image and select Save As Picture.
- Set the image format and select Save.
- To save the original image, select the small arrow next to Save and then Save Original Picture.
Although this method works well, it can get cumbersome if you need to save multiple images— plus, you won't have control over image dimensions.
Export entire slides as images.
You can also export entire slides as images directly from PowerPoint. Here’s what to do:
- Open the PPT file and select File > Save As.
- In the Save As window, select an image format from the Save As Type drop-down list.
- Select All Slides to export the entire PPT file or Just This One to export the selected slide.
Unfortunately, PowerPoint exports slides as low-resolution images. Changing the resolution requires complex and potentially risky editing of PowerPoint’s registry values.
Convert PPT files to PDF documents.
The easiest way to share a PPT file is to convert it to a PDF document. You can do it with Adobe Acrobat online services. Simply navigate to the Convert to PDF tool, drag and drop a PPT file into the converter, and download the converted file.
PDF files work with all devices, so sharing them is easy. But you can also further convert the PDF to high-resolution images.
Explore what more you can do with Acrobat online services to convert and edit PDFs.