How to create an email list sign up form.
Want to generate more leads from your website? Learn how to create a mailing list sign up form to get more website visitors to read your marketing materials.
Include the right elements.
The first step to creating an email list form is to understand what information you want to include. Think about your specific goals, what information you want to collect, and how users would benefit from signing up for your emails.
A mailing list sign up form should include at least the following elements:
- A big, catchy headline
- A description explaining why users should sign up
- Fillable forms for essential information
- Call to action button
Build your email sign up form.
The most common ways to build an email sign up form are to use a downloadable template or to design your own by creating a fillable PDF form.
Templates are the easiest way to create an email sign up form, but they’re also the most restrictive. You don’t have unlimited freedom to add the elements you want to meet your unique marketing goals.
The best way to create your own form from the ground up is with a fillable PDF form using software like Adobe Acrobat. Just follow these steps:
- Open Acrobat and select Prepare Form from the Tools menu. Choose Create New, then click Start.
- Add text, images, logos.
- Create fillable fields by using the toolbar or by right-clicking anywhere in the form and choosing the Form Field tool.
- Set fillable field properties.
- Add hyperlinks for easy navigation (if necessary).
- Click Save.
If you don’t want to download additional software, you can also edit PDFs online from your web browser.
Once saved, you can upload the form to your website. Users can either download and fill out the form, or you can export the form as an HTML and embed it directly into your website to start collecting leads right away.
Discover what more you can do with Acrobat to boost your website’s lead generation with fillable forms.