How to send a PDF file to a Kindle device.
Want to read a file from your computer on your Kindle just like an e-book? Learn how to send a PDF to a Kindle device for easy reading of all your documents.
You might not realize your Kindle has a unique email address. All you have to do is find the address and email the PDF to your device. It’s as simple as that. Here’s how you do it.
Send your PDF directly to your Kindle.
Kindles are designed to read PDF files. To send a PDF to your Kindle simply follow these four steps:
- Find your Kindle email address — Sign into your Amazon account, and click Account and Lists on the top toolbar, Your Devices and Content, and Manage Devices. Then follow Devices > Preferences > Privacy and Settings > Devices. Choose the Kindle you want to send the PDF to, and the device summary should tell you your Kindle’s email address.
- Approve your personal email address — Find the Personal Document Settings tab in the Preferences window. Scroll down until you see the Approved Personal Document E-mail list and add your personal email address.
- Email the PDF to your Kindle — Once your email is approved, you can email any PDF directly to your Kindle.
- Sync your Kindle — After you send an email, re-sync your Kindle to update it with the new PDF. You should now be able to read the PDF file.
Compress large PDF files.
If you want to send a PDF that’s larger than 50 MB, you’ll need to compress it first. Luckily, you can compress PDFs online using a PDF editor like Adobe Acrobat online services. Just follow these easy steps:
- Visit the Acrobat online services website.
- Upload the file you want to compress.
- Download the compressed PDF.
This new PDF file will be much smaller than the original, making it easy to upload to your Kindle.
Discover what more you can do with Adobe Acrobat to make it easy to compress and share PDF files with all your devices.