What is Photoshop Elements 2020, and who is it for?
Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 is photo editing software used by anyone who wants to edit and create with their photos. It offers easy ways to get started; effortless organization; step-by-step guidance for editing; and fun ways to make and share stunning photo creations and effects. Adobe Sensei AI technology* powers automated options to make things easy, and there’s always room to add your personal touch. Learn more.
What’s the difference between Photoshop Elements and Adobe Premiere Elements?
- Photoshop Elements is designed for people who take lots of photos and want automated and easy ways to organize them, make them look great, create with them, and print and share them with family and friends.
- Premiere Elements is designed for people who take videos and want quick and easy ways to organize them, trim them, make them look great, turn them into fun creations and polished movies, and share them with family and friends.
- Both apps share a common Organizer for easy access to all photos and videos.
- They’re sold separately or bundled together as Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements.
How does Photoshop Elements differ from Photoshop, Photoshop Lightroom Classic, and Lightroom?
- Photoshop Elements is designed for consumers who are just getting started with photo editing and want an easy way to organize, edit, create, and share their photos. Automated options deliver great results to enjoy as-is or use as a starting point for creative exploration.
- Photoshop is the professional standard for creating compelling images, designs, and 3D artwork.
- Lightroom Classic addresses the workflow needs of professional and advanced amateur photographers on the desktop, enabling them to import, process, organize, and showcase large volumes of digital photographs.
- Lightroom is the cloud-based service that lets people easily edit, organize, store, and share their photos anywhere — on mobile devices, the web, or the desktop.
I use free photo editing software. Why should I consider Photoshop Elements 2020?
Most free photo editors offer a very limited set of editing tools. Photoshop Elements is the leader in consumer photo editing software because it provides every level of user everything they need to organize, edit, create, and share:
- Auto-generated creations and effects, delivered upon launch, that you can enjoy as-is or use as a starting point for creative exploration. It’s all powered by Adobe Sensei*
- The home screen for new things to try, feature highlights, inspiration, help, and learning
- The Organizer to automatically go from hundreds of mystery folders to a visual view of your photos and videos auto-sorted by dates, subjects, people, and more
- Quick Edit to make one-click fixes
- Fifty-five Guided Edits for step-by-step help with incredible creations and effects that look exactly the way you want
- Expert Edit for complete photo transformations
- The ability to create and share memes, dynamic slideshows, and more on social media†
Should I buy Photoshop Elements 2020 or the Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements 2020 bundle?
If you like to take and share photos and videos, get the bundle to:
- Use a common Organizer for easy access to all your photos and videos
- Edit and share photos and videos together in creative ways
- Get a great value.
Where can I learn more about new features?
See the Features page for details.
Where can I find the serial number to install Photoshop Elements?
There’s one serial number for both Windows and macOS, and it’s located on the back of the Windows DVD sleeve inside the box. If you’re redeeming an electronic software download purchased from a retailer, you’ll receive the serial number during the redemption process, so be sure to write it down to use during installation.
May I install Photoshop Elements on more than one machine?
You can install your product on up to two computers. If you want to move your product to a new computer, simply choose Help > Sign Out in the product from one of the computers that has an active license. You can then install the product on your new computer.
What are the minimum system requirements to run Photoshop Elements 2020?
See the system requirements for more information.
Does Photoshop Elements support Windows 32-bit operating systems?
No. Microsoft and Apple stopped supporting 32-bit systems before Photoshop Elements 2020 was released, so the product can only be installed on 64-bit systems.
Is Photoshop Elements 2020 faster than before?
Yes, you’ll experience faster installation as well as faster performance throughout Photoshop Elements.
Where can I ask a technical or how-to question related to Photoshop Elements?
Visit the Photoshop Elements forums to get answers from product team members and other expert users.
You can also use the following helpful resources:
Yes, we offer upgrade pricing for existing customers.
Where can I find out about volume licensing for Photoshop Elements 2020?
For licensing questions, visit the Adobe Volume Licensing page or contact your local Adobe sales representative.
Learning Photoshop Elements
How can I get started with Photoshop Elements 2020?
The home screen offers direct links to tutorials and fun things to try with your photos. You can also check out Photoshop Elements Learn & Support for all you need to get started — video and step-by-step-tutorials, Help content, and links to resources offering comprehensive product support from Adobe and our knowledgeable community.
Where can I find the manual?
*Adobe Sensei is the technology that powers intelligent features across all Adobe products to dramatically improve the design and delivery of digital experiences, using artificial intelligence and machine learning in a common framework.