Tips for managing global and international teams.
Explore five effective methods for uniting and managing a global team toward shared workplace goals.
People are more connected today than ever before — and the workplace is no different. Global and international teams can communicate and collaborate online, bringing a unique set of skills, insight, and approaches to a company. Yet managing these types of teams proves slightly different than the classic in-office team. Let’s dive into some communication best practices.
Strategies for leading global teams.
One of the main obstacles to overcome with global and international teams is distance. It can be challenging to create camaraderie — especially when some of your teammates may have never even met. To lead effectively, ask yourself how you can minimize that physical distance by creating collaboration within the virtual space.
- Foster communication: Create easy communication channels for your team, such as email, chat, and video or phone calls.
- Consider time zones: Aim to schedule meetings that are as reasonable as possible for everyone, avoiding any last-minute changes.
- Note national/religious holidays: Organize projects and deadlines around these in order to help promote work/life balance for your team members. (This also helps ensure deliverables will be provided on time.)
- Use collaborative software: Shared calendars, universal software, and the right collaborative tools will help your team work together and set them up for success.
- Encourage different working styles: As long as established goals are met, allowing your team to work in their own way can boost team morale and productivity — and perhaps even generate new ideas.
While managing a remote global team can present its challenges, successfully navigating them can reward you with a diverse and agile team. Take a moment to explore everything you can do with Adobe Acrobat Pro to improve workflows and make the most of the virtual space. Whether you need to convert Excel files to PDF, protect your PDFs by adding passwords, or reorder PDF pages, Adobe Acrobat offers flexible solutions to enable successful and efficient collaboration.