Go global: tips for hiring internationally.
Learn more about international recruiting and some helpful strategies to make the process as streamlined as possible.
A global team can bring a lot of value to your company — such as advanced skill sets, diversified insight, and unique problem-solving approaches, to name just a few. Yet as good as it sounds, recruiting and hiring top talent can be difficult at baseline, and that challenge becomes exponentially harder when you go global. Let’s explore five strategies to help make the process go a little more smoothly.
Create a global recruitment strategy.
As remote work becomes more common and borders less relevant, companies have the opportunity to find and hire talented individuals from across the globe. Before this happens though, it’s essential to have a solid recruitment strategy in place. Here are 5 global recruitment strategies to keep in mind:
- Use the right channels: While LinkedIn covers more than 200 countries worldwide, it’s not the only place your ideal candidate may be. Get to know common career platforms in your areas of interest, too.
- Embrace cultural differences: Research and implement business practices related to local customs. In some countries, a formal approach may be best; in others, a more conversational style may be the way to go.
- Maintain international compliance: It’s crucial to comply with privacy guidelines in each country or region when recruiting and hiring. For example, if you’re searching within the EU, your recruiting practices need to align with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) guidelines.
- Understand local currency and salaries. Be aware of the average salaries for the countries where you want to recruit. It’s also necessary to understand currency conversions to discuss salary ranges.
- Leverage technology. Just as global teams work remotely, the recruiting and interview processes will likely take place in the virtual space too. Make sure you have the right collaborative tools in place for an easy, seamless experience.
While the path to building a global team can be more complex than conventional recruiting, it can be well worth the effort. Take a moment to explore everything you can do with Adobe Acrobat Pro to help make your remote strategies as simple and streamlined as possible.