How to change the font size in a PDF.
One way to make documents more interesting is to vary the size of the font. Learn how to make important information stand out to your readers.
Font size and color add value to what you want to communicate. Readers often scan a document before reading it. Larger fonts can give them a general idea of what’s to come. But for more precise information, they tend to look at the smaller font text.
When you add text or make comments on a PDF document, it's helpful to have control of the font size. Sometimes you want your new text to match what's already existing, and other times you want it to stand out so that no one misses your note.
Steps to change the font size in a PDF online.
Here’s how to change font size in PDF text boxes. It’s easy, and it works for adding new text or changing existing comments. To choose a font size from 6 px to 24 px, follow the steps below:
- Drag and drop the PDF or select a file to upload it to Adobe’s online PDF editor.
- Click the font size control at the top of the page. It’s the icon with a small capital T next to a large one.
- Move the slider to indicate the size of the font you want.
- Select the add text control. It’s the large capital T at the top of the page.
- Begin typing your text.
- To change the font size for text you’ve already entered, select it and use the font size control that will pop up right above your text.
Can you make PDF text smaller?
Make PDF text smaller by trying out the Adobe Acrobat suite of document tools. Try it out for free in a two-week trial to convert, edit, e-sign and more. Maybe you want the text on a PDF to take up less space so there is more room to add an image or graphic. You can easily shrink the text size in your PDF with Adobe Acrobat with the following steps:
- Choose Tools > Edit PDF > Edit.
- Select the text you want to change.
- In the right-side Format panel, you can adjust the size of your font.
- Click outside the selection to deselect it and start over.
You can also use Acrobat online services to make PDF text smaller.
- Click on the space where text is needed.
- Start typing your text. Above the text field, there will be two A icons. Choose the larger A to increase the text size and the smaller A to decrease it.
How to change font size in a PDF fillable form using Adobe Acrobat.
Fillable forms are a convenient option for gathering information, as they save time, money, and trees. With Adobe Acrobat, you can add space for people to fill in information such as signatures, dates, initials, and more. You can share with all who need to sign and track when the forms are opened. You can change the font size in a PDF fillable form using Adobe Acrobat with these simple steps:
- Click on the space where text is required.
- Start typing your text. Above the text field, there will be two A icons. Choose the larger A to increase the text size and the smaller A to decrease the text size.
Your font size is now adjusted to the way you want it, and you can continue to make other adjustments as needed in your document with Acrobat.
Effective communication can include more than just words on a page. Next time someone sends you a PDF for your review and comments, respond with style. Use a large font for information that your readers can’t miss or a smaller font to make sure you have room to say everything that’s needed. You can even resize or crop PDF images using Adobe’s free PDF tools.
Acrobat online services let you edit PDFs with comments of varying font sizes and colors. Take a moment to explore what more you can do to level up your PDFs today.