Learn how to edit videos on Windows 10.
Use the best software for your computer’s operating system.
Many people think Macs are better for creative projects, but the truth is that with the right video editing software, you can create a high-quality video on any modern computer with an up-to-date processing system. Learn more about how to use video editing software with Windows 10.
How to edit videos in Windows 10.
You may have heard about this platform’s Video Editor. This is a great tool to master for the basics of video editing on your Windows 10-based computer. Use it to tell your story by cutting together music, text, motion, and 3D effects.
If you’re looking to upgrade your video editing capabilities, however, you might want to try downloading specialized video editing software. When you get to that point, make sure your video editing software has these characteristics in order to help you elevate your storytelling and make it worth the additional cost:
- Integration with other apps to help you further customize appearance, effects, sound, light — you name it. See if your product connects with the other apps needed for a well-rounded production.
- File compatibility that enables you to drop in video files from any other device — DSLR, GoPro, iPhone, whatever you’re filming on.
- A robust sound panel that helps you add sound effects, edit and sync audio, easily import stock audio, and create ambient effects all in one place.
- Easy trimming functions that allow you to seamlessly extend or shorten clips for flow and narrative.
- Graphic effects to give your video a highly produced and designed feel.