Go green with paperless document management software.
Make the switch to paperless to reduce your office expenses and carbon footprint.
Considering the benefits of going paperless? Try this exercise: Count all your filing cabinets, printers, and paper shredders. Next, tally all the hours you spend managing physical documents each month. Finally, estimate how much you’ve spent on paper and printing supplies in the last year.
Now think about the space, time, and money you’re using for your current document management processes — they can add up quickly. They can also keep your office from being as environmentally friendly, or “green,” as you’d like.
The good news: Paperless document management software can get you on the right track. Here’s how to find the right software for your needs.
Analyze your present.
Start by imagining your average day and ask yourself questions like these:
- How often do I open my filing cabinet(s)?
- Why does my team print physical copies?
- What type of documents do I print most often?
Then analyze how you use documents to uncover ways to improve workflows. Here are some examples:
- If your assistant prints work orders for you to sign, consider e-signatures instead.
- If your staff manages hundreds of patient files, paperless document management software could lighten your document load.
- If you lock lots of physical files in cabinets, paperless storage may be a more secure option.
Picture your future.
Next, it’s time to think about your future growth plans. This can help you predict what your paperless document management software will need to handle in a few years. And it can help prevent expensive software switching as your document management needs scale.
Now ask yourself the following questions:
- What are the different document management software tiers?
- How much storage do I currently need, and how much will this need scale in the future?
- Do I need document management software to automate tasks?
Use all your answers to help you find the right document management software for your professional workflows and projects.
Explore everything you can do with Acrobat Sign to manage all your important document processes.