How to flip a video.
As smartphone video cameras have become more sophisticated and video sharing apps a part of everyday life, there are several unique ways to post video content. One such technique is to flip a video. Flipping a video basically means putting it upside down. To flip a video:
- Open your video editing software app
- Import your video clip
- Rotate it 180° (using the slide or entering it)
- The image will appear upside down
How to rotate a video on mobile.
The smartphone is at the heart of modern life, with people checking them every 12 minutes of the waking day . These powerful, pocket-sized video cameras are increasingly used to shoot and share footage.
But how do you a rotate a video on your phone? Both the main smartphone platforms – Apple and Android – have their own built-in video editing tools. You can also download video editor apps for them.
How to rotate a video on iPhone.
- Open iMovie on your iPhone or iPad
- Launch the project and find the clip on your timeline
- With the clip in the viewer, you’ll need to direct it clockwise or vice versa
- Move your finger and thumb over the clip
- Once the image has rotated 90° a white arrow will appear on screen
How to rotate a video on Android..
- Open Google Photos
- Tap the video you want to edit to open it
- Tap the video and you’ll see some icons
- From the icons, choose the tiny pencil
- Tap the rotate button at the bottom
- Each time you tap, your video will rotate 90°
Using Premiere Rush to rotate video.
Premiere Rush is part of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite. It combines powerful video editing tools with easy social sharing. Rotating a video is a breeze with Premiere Rush.
How to fix a wrong orientation.
With Premiere Rush, you don’t need to be a seasoned video editor to flip videos and make precise adjustments to video orientation. Simply import video clips in .avi, .wmv and many other video formats, make your adjustments, and then Premiere Rush will automatically them then export as mp4s.
Want to take your video editing further? Check out Adobe Premiere Pro.
Rotate left, rotate right, or flip.
Once you’ve selected the project and sequence you want to rotate:
- Select the Transform panel on the right side of the preview monitor. (If using on mobile, scroll through the tools at the bottom to reach Transform.)
- Select Rotation.
- Move the slider to the left or right to rotate the video.
Change the aspect ratio.
When you import media, Premiere Rush automatically sets the aspect ratio to that of your source media, but you can change it at any time. If you shoot horizontally (16:9 aspect ratio) but you want to post on Instagram — or if you shoot vertically but want to achieve a cinematic effect — here’s how you can change the dimensions so you don’t lose any footage in the rotation.
Once you’ve selected the project and sequence you want to adjust:
- If you’re using a desktop or tablet, click the Sequence Orientation button (the overlapping rectangles) beneath the preview monitor. On mobile, click the overlapping rectangles in the bottom toolbar.
- Choose the orientation you prefer (landscape, portrait or square).
- Position the frame by clicking on the video in the preview monitor and moving it within the frame.
- Rotate and scale it within the frame.
Use Adobe Premiere Rush to create and edit videos built for social sharing. Get the smartphone app or work from your laptop.