Four simple steps to redact a PDF on an Android.
Learn how to redact a PDF easily and seamlessly on your Android using handy software tools.
Do you want to change text, adjust images, and redact your PDF without having to exit the current PDF you’re working on? With your preferred PDF editor, it’s possible to edit and redact PDF documents from anywhere — even your Android.
Read more to learn how to adjust and edit your PDF documents directly from your device.
What does it mean to redact a PDF?
To put it simply, to redact is just to make a specific kind of edit. The word redact can be used to describe censoring or obscuring a part of text to protect someone’s personal information. There are many benefits to redacting a PDF, including the ability to select and remove text, images, and other objects. Redaction tools help you search for text and delete it if needed. You can add additional security measures by removing sensitive information such as social security numbers or zip codes from a document.
How to redact a PDF on your Android.
Here are a few need-to-know steps to redact a PDF quickly and easily.
- Open the Adobe Acrobat PDF editor on your device.
- Click on the blue button labeled Select a file and upload a file or drag and drop it into the drop zone.
- Sign in with an Adobe, Apple, or Google account.
- Use the editing tools to redact, add new text, replace images, resize PDFs and more.
- Name your file and click the Save button.
When you follow these simple steps, you can redact a PDF on your Android in no time at all.
How to remove redaction marks from a PDF on Android
When using a PDF editor, two different documents will be saved — the original and the redacted PDF. You can easily remove the redaction marks from the original document in a few simple steps.
- Click the Edit tab and select Redact Text & Images.
- You can now add new redactions or take away existing ones.
- Once removed, the colored bars will disappear, and the information underneath can be seen.
- This will only work if you have access to the original PDF. When a file is saved with applied redactions, you cannot get the information back. If the original PDF with the redacted version is overwritten, the redacted information cannot be recovered.
Unlock your PDF editing potential.
You may need to search for specific text or perhaps ensure private information is protected within your document. Redacting PDFs on your Android is simple with the tools that Adobe Acrobat offers.
Do even more with your PDFs using Adobe Acrobat — such as redacting, reviewing, editing, highlighting, and signing — on your desktop and beyond. Your documents can be simple to use and easy to share and collaborate from wherever you are. Discover everything you can do with Acrobat to work with PDFs today.