How to edit PDFs on a Chromebook from anywhere.
No matter your location, you can edit PDF files on your Chromebook using Adobe online services.
When you need to edit a PDF file for a project, Adobe Acrobat online services make it easy to quickly annotate and edit files. Follow these steps using Acrobat on your Chromebook to easily add text, respond to comments, send PDFs for review, and much more.
Is there a built-in PDF editor for Chromebooks?
Chromebooks do not normally come with a built-in PDF viewer, which is where Acrobat can assist with its free extension. While there is a wide array of free PDF editing extensions and applications, none compare to the simple, clean, user-friendly experience Acrobat provides.
Viewing a PDF or adding images and text is simple — with the Adobe Acrobat free online editing tool, you can easily add sticky notes, highlights, drawings, and more. Communication and collaboration has never been easier.
How to edit a PDF on Chromebook.
- Use any browser to access Acrobat online and navigate to the edit PDFs service.
- Drag and drop your file into the drop zone or click “Select a file” to upload the PDF you want to edit.
- You’ll be prompted to sign in to edit online.
- If you have an Adobe account, sign in, or use one of the other login methods, like Google or Apple.
- Once you’ve signed in, you’ll be taken to your file where you can choose editing features from the toolbar.
- Make any edits directly to the document. Once you’ve marked up your file, click “Download” to save it to your device.
- You can also share a link, which will let others see the edits online.
Chromebook PDF editing with Adobe Acrobat.
Adobe Acrobat is the industry-leading PDF solution providing the best user experience for all. You can complete tasks easily and efficiently by allowing Acrobat interaction within Chrome.
Acrobat online services let you do the following:
- View PDFs online
- Highlight text
- Add text to documents
- Underline for emphasis
- Add sticky notes for general comments
- Draw to elaborate on design elements
- Fill out forms and sign them using the Fill & Sign tool
- Convert and combine PDF files to other common file types right in your browser