How do I make my YouTube channel popular?
There are several techniques you can use to try and promote your channel. Here are some top tips from our experts:
- Share your video on social media.
- Optimise your tags and titles. By making sure your tags and titles are related to words that people are likely to search for, you can give your video more chance of being discovered.
- Engage with your audience. Create discussion around your videos. Respond to comments and take on any feedback you get (though try not to take negative feedback too personally).
- Customise your thumbnail. Your thumbnail is the little display picture that people see before they click on your video. By default, it’ll just be a frozen shot from your video. Customising it can help build your brand and let people know what your content is about.
- Remind people to like and subscribe after they’ve watched your video. More likes and subscriptions will make your channel more popular.
What is the best way to promote my YouTube channel?
You can choose to promote your video organically. That means you’ll promote your video without spending any money on advertising. You can do this by sharing your video across social media, on your website and by optimising its content to make it easier to find.
Alternatively, you might want to spend a little money on YouTube promotion. Using a particular online advert service, like AdSense or Google Adverts, can help you drive traffic to your channel.
How do I get traffic to my YouTube channel?
Getting traffic to your channel is key to making it more popular and driving up those viewing figures.
You can get traffic by creating great content that people want to watch, tagging it correctly, and promoting it across the web – so that people know where to find it.
How to create a YouTube channel: frequently asked questions.
Here are some quick answers to some common queries about creating a YouTube channel.
Should I start a YouTube channel?
Absolutely. If you’ve got an interest in producing YouTube videos and something new and exciting to share with the world, then YouTube could be the platform for you.
How many views do you need on YouTube to make money?
Your channel needs to have a certain level of popularity before you can apply to join YouTube’s advertising program. If your application is successful, you could earn money for every 1,000 views. Some of the criteria for acceptance to the YouTube Partners’ Program include:
- At least 1,000 subscribers
- 4,000 valid public watch hours in the past 12 months
- AdSense account registered