How to convert email to PDF.
Learn how to convert emails to PDFs in a few simple steps to make them easier to read, share, or save for future use.
Inboxes can be full of all kinds of emails — from invoices and bank statements to tracking information, support requests, and more. Sometimes you may want to save an email to simply reference later or for archival purposes for business needs. If the document is important enough, converting it to PDF can even protect your PDF as well. Creating a PDF is a simple way to turn an email into an easy-to-read document that can be referenced again and again. Here’s how.
Take these steps to save an email as a PDF.
Any printable file can be saved and viewed as a PDF, whether you use Gmail, Outlook, Apple Mail, or any other email service. To convert an email to a PDF, you’ll first need to navigate to the Print dialog box within the specific email you want to convert. The Print dialog box might be represented by a printer icon, or might be found under additional menu options.
- Click Print.
- Select Save As PDF or Export As PDF from the Print dialog box.
- Name the file and choose the desired location on your computer.
- Select Save.
Convert multiple emails to PDF.
Though many email providers will only allow you to print one email at a time, you can use Outlook to convert multiple emails at once to PDF with the Adobe Acrobat digital printer function. Follow these steps:
- In Outlook, select multiple emails. You can press shift while you select emails to make sure they’re all selected at once.
- Choose Print from the File menu.
- Under Printer Options, select Adobe PDF as the active printer.
- Using the preview, adjust the formatting of your PDF as desired.
- Click Print.
- Choose the location where you want to save your PDF.
- Select OK.
If you have another email provider besides Outlook that allows you to print more than one email at once, the PDF printer will also work in that system to convert multiple emails to PDF simultaneously.
Convert email to PDF on an iPhone.
You can use the Mail app on your iPhone to convert email to PDF. Using an iPhone, you can save and share PDFs from anywhere. Follow these steps to turn an email into a PDF with the Mail app.
- Open an email in the Mail app.
- Tap the button on the toolbar for additional actions.
- Tap Print.
- Hold the email preview and tap the larger preview that opens.
- Tap Share > Books to save your email as a PDF in the Books app.
Once your email is saved as a PDF in Books, you can share it or access it on other devices using iCloud Drive.
Discover everything your PDF can do.
Once you’ve created your PDF, you can edit, mark up, and share the file with teammates and collaborators. As the creator of the PDF, Adobe has the best tools for working with PDF files. Whether you are collaborating with team members, communicating with clients, or annotating and commenting on PDFs, you can use Acrobat to meet your needs. Explore what more you can do with Adobe Acrobat to make working with PDF files fast and easy, from compressing files and extracting PDF pages to converting image files to PDF.