Adobe fast facts.
A quick overview of our history, leadership, key stats and products.
Artwork by Manolo Ide
Adobe believes creativity empowers transformation — personally, professionally and across all industries. We not only deliver strong financial results, but we’re also driving incredible innovation, adding millions of new customers, delivering billions of experiences across screens and processing trillions of data transactions online.
December 1982 by Charles Geschke and John Warnock
Initial public offering
20 August 1986, at a split-adjusted share price of US$0.17
San Jose, California, USA
Fiscal 2022 revenue: US$17.61 billion
(FY ended 2 Dec. 2022)
October 1983 in California;
reincorporated in Delaware, May 1997
More than 28,000 worldwide
Adobe Creative Cloud
We believe in creativity for all, so we give everyone the tools to discover and express their creativity through photography, design, video, animation, web and mobile user experiences and more.
- Over 90% of the world’s creative professionals use Adobe Photoshop.
- Adobe Stock offers 320+ million assets, including including 195+ million photos, 98 million vectors and illustrations, 24 million videos, 70,000 music tracks, 5.1 million Premium assets and 850,000+ free photos, vectors, videos, templates, illustrations and 3D assets.
- Behance, Adobe’s online creative community, has over 30+ million members. Creatives worldwide use Behance to find inspiration, showcase work and get hired.
- Creative Cloud 2D and 3D design tools transform old “make, use, dispose” design processes into elegant, sustainable, circular design workflows. A digital design phase means more resources for our planet.
Adobe Document Cloud
We make it easy for people and businesses to create, edit, share, scan and sign digital documents so they can communicate and collaborate securely across devices.
- More than 400 billion PDFs were opened in Adobe products in the last year.
- More than 8 billion electronic and digital signature transactions were processed through Adobe Document Cloud in the past year. The majority of Fortune 100 companies rely on Adobe Sign for fast, secure e-signatures.
- Adobe Scan is the leading scanning app on iOS and Android with more than 150 million downloads and 2.5 billion documents created.
- Documents created, signed, shared and stored in Adobe Document Cloud drive a 90% cost savings and a 95% reduction in environmental impact compared with paper-based processes.
- Every 1 million Adobe Sign transactions save 105 million litres of water, 31,000 trees and the equivalent of taking 2,300 cars off the road for a year—plus reducing costs by more than $7.2 million.
Adobe Experience Cloud
We give businesses unmatched solutions for customer journey management, data analytics, content personalisation, commerce and marketing workflows that drive long-term customer success.
- Industry analysts have named Adobe a leader in 40+ analyst reports in categories such as digital experience platforms, content management systems, customer analytics, B2B marketing automation platforms, digital commerce, enterprise marketing suites and more.
- Adobe Experience Cloud is supported by an expansive global ecosystem of 4,000+ active solution integrator, agency, technology and marketplace partners and more than 460,000 developers and community members.
- Adobe Analytics analyses 1 trillion+ visits to retail websites in the U.S (aggregared and anonymised) as well as 100 million+ product SKUs in 18 categories to provide e-commerce and online inflation insights to businesses, policymakers and consumers categories. Adobe Analytics is relied on by 85%+ of the top 100 retailers in the U.S. to deliver, measure and personalise shopping experiences online.
Chair and Chief Executive Officer
Chief Strategy Officer and EVP, Design & Emerging Products
President, Digital Experience Business
Chief People Officer and Executive Vice President, Employee Experience
Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President, Finance, Technology Services and Operations
Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Chief Trust Officer
President, Digital Media Business
Day Software 2010
Omniture, Inc., 2009
Macromedia, Inc., 2005
We believe that creativity is the catalyst for positive change. Through our efforts, we inspire creativity in people who want to make a meaningful impact in the following areas:
Adobe For All
Through Adobe for All, we are creating a more diverse and inclusive workforce, working to unleash the full potential of every employee and helping to drive meaningful impact for Adobe, our industry and society at large.
Creativity for All
Through Creativity for All, we are empowering millions of creators of all backgrounds to access the tools, skills and platforms they need to express themselves, reach their full potential and share their diverse perspectives with the world.
Technology to Transform
Our greatest reach is with our technology leadership. As one of the world’s most innovative software companies, we are committed to advancing the responsible use of technology for the good of our customers, communities and society.
We create the future.
Creativity is in our DNA. We constantly look around the corner to see what is possible. But we don’t wait for the future, we create it.
We are builders, makers and inventors, driven by a deep empathy for our customers and users.
We are open-minded and celebrate new ideas. We have the courage to disrupt the market and ourselves through bold bets and ideas we turn into reality.
We own the outcome.
We think and operate like owners. We take initiative, have a bias toward action and assume ownership for end results, not just our part.
We are reliable and have clear points of view. We’re decisive and learn from our mistakes.
We raise the bar.
We aim high and we play to win. We relentlessly focus on execution, celebrate excellence and are intellectually honest about where we must do better.
We deliver both speed and quality by doing fewer things better. Our success is measured by the success of our customers and users.
We are genuine.
The ability to be yourself is core to who we are. We embrace and respect diversity.
We support and challenge each other by being honest and direct. We always act with sincerity, integrity and the highest of ethics.
We do this for our employees, partners, customers and communities.
Best Workplaces for Innovators
World’s Best Workplaces
Corporate Equality Index
World’s Best Workplaces
Best Global Brands
Best Employers for Diversity
Forbes & JUST Capital
The A List
Most Innovative Companies
Companies That Care
Dow Jones Sustainability Index
S&P Dow Jones Indexes
World’s Most Admired Companies
Best Workplaces in Tech
Gender Equality Index