6. Reward loyalty.
While attracting new customers is necessary, customer retention is just as important for business growth, if not more so. Once you successfully nurture a potential customer to purchase, you want them to keep coming back. Repeat customers are easier to sell to, since they already know and trust your products and have built an emotional connection with your business. They also have a higher average order value. In fact, a brand’s top 1% of customers generally spends five times more than the other 99%.
Start a customer loyalty programme. If customers can earn rewards for purchases, they will have an incentive to buy more from you. And a programme offering discounts for referrals will bring loyal customers back and introduce your brand to potential buyers. Word-of-mouth promotion has been shown to influence 50% of all purchases, so use your loyalty programme to turn customers into marketers on your behalf.
Because people trust consumers who are just like them, peer influence can drive similar customers to your site. And if your existing customers are talking positively about you online, you can share that content on your own site and social channels too.
By focusing your customer engagement strategy and meeting customers where they are with effective content, you can find and attract interested customers. And loyalty programmes and personalised messages can keep those customers interested and your business growing.