Adobe logo

Student teacher eligibility

To take advantage of student benefits, you must be 13 years of age and enroll in one of the following institutions:

  • University or college - an accredited private or public university or college (including community, youth or professional colleges) that offers a degree requiring at least two years of full-time study *
  • Primary or secondary school - accredited private or public primary or secondary schools providing full - time education
  • Home schooling - according to the regulations on home schooling


What does proof of entitlement mean?

Use of a school-issued email address: If a school-issued email address is used at the time of purchase, it will be verified immediately. (Schools' e-mail addresses may include .edu, .k12, or other e-mail domains sponsored by educational institutions.) If you do not have an e-mail address issued by a school or your e-mail address is not verifiable, additional proof of eligibility may be requested after purchase.


Students and instructors at accredited schools

Eligibility may be evidenced by a document issued by the institution that includes the name of the student and the institution and the current date. Proof of enrollment:

  • Student card
  • Certificate
  • Index
  • Tuition payment account


Homeschooling students †

Proof of eligibility may include:

  • A dated copy of the letter of intent for home schooling
  • Valid membership ID from a home school legal association (such as the Home School Legal Defense Association in the U.S.)
  • A dated document certifying the purchase of the study material required for the given university academic year

* An accredited school in North America is an institution that is approved by the U.S. Department of Education, the State Board of Education, or an organization recognized by Canada's state or provincial departments of education and whose primary activity is student education. In the United States, associations organized on such a territorial basis are the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. and the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools.

† Documents dated in the last six months are current.