Ryo® Gothic PlusN Read Me
Minimum system requirements and font installation instructions
To check that you have the correct font file, compare the font version of your font file to the font version provided in the Release Notes section below.
Ryo Gothic is a new Japanese sans serif (or gothic) kana typeface design. Created by Adobe®
type designer Ryoko Nishizuka , the typeface has a bright and speedy calligraphic touch and can be used to compose readable body text, as it gives a calm and well-controlled color to the typeset page. Supplied in the OpenType®
font format, each Ryo Gothic font includes hiragana, katakana and some punctuation marks and should be combined with the kanji and other glyphs in existing Japanese gothic typefaces that contain full character sets. This typeface family is available in seven weights--extra light, light, regular, medium, bold, heavy, and ultra heavy--which allow end users to select the best-matching weight for their favorite full-set Japanese gothic typeface. Creative professionals using the Japanese version of Adobe InDesign may use that program's Composite Font tool to easily combine Ryo Gothic with other typefaces.
Menu Names And Style Linking
The fonts in this family have no style links: none are a bold or italic
variant of another.
You should note that selecting a style option such
as bold or italic with any of these faces will either have no effect,
or result in programmatic bolding or slanting of the base font,
which will usually produce inferior screen and print results.
For all fonts of family Ryo Gothic PlusN: version 3.015 created on Wed Aug 29 18:35:41 2012.
version 3.013 created 2011/04/04
- Added code at end of name ID 3 'Unique Name' to indicate licensing foundry.
- The 'DSIG' table was rebuilt.
- The copyright string in the 'name' table now reflects 2011 as the
- latest year.
- The following Ryo Gothic PlusN fonts, indicated by filename, are
- included in this release (head.FontRevision [OTF] and CIDFontVersion
- [PS] values are in parentheses):
- RyoGothicPlusN-ExtraLight.otf (OTF 3.013, PS 3.004)
- RyoGothicPlusN-Light.otf (OTF 3.013, PS 3.004)
- RyoGothicPlusN-Regular.otf (OTF 3.013, PS 3.004)
- RyoGothicPlusN-Medium.otf (OTF 3.013, PS 3.004)
- RyoGothicPlusN-Bold.otf (OTF 3.013, PS 3.004)
- RyoGothicPlusN-Heavy.otf (OTF 3.013, PS 3.004)
- RyoGothicPlusN-UltraHeavy.otf (OTF 3.013, PS 3.004)
version 3.011 created 2010/11/19
- The name.ID=4 (3,1,0x409) string was reverted back to be
- identical to the name.ID=6 string.
version 3.010 created 2010/07/26
- The OS/2 table version was changed from 3 to 4.
- The 8th bit of the OS/2.selection value was turned on.
- The name.ID=4 (3,1,0x409) string is no longer identical to the
- name.ID=6 string.
version 3.009 created 2009/12/09
- The name.ID=8 (Manufacturer Name) string was added:
- Adobe Systems Incorporated
- The 7th bit of the OS/2.selection value was turned on.
- The OS/2 table version was changed from 3 to 4.
version 3.007 created 2008/10/23
- A Format 14 'cmap' subtable, containing 6,765 default UVSes and
- 390 non-default ones, was added.
- The OS/2.lastChar value has been changed to U+FFFF, which serves
- to indicate that the 'cmap' table includes non-BMP mappings, such
- as from Plane 2 (CJK Unified Ideographs Extension B).
version 3.005 created 2007/07/23
- First release.
- Characteristics of these seven fonts:
- Supports the complete Adobe-Japan1-3 character collection,
- specifically CIDs 0 through 9353, along with the following 144
- CIDs in the Adobe-Japan1-4 through Adobe-Japan1-6 region:
- These fonts thus contain 9,498 glyphs each.
- These fonts are based on the Kozuka Gothic design. The following
- 212 glyphs, expressed as CIDs and CID ranges, differ from the
- original Kozuka Gothic design, and are instead derived from the
- Ryo Gothic design, and may be additionally tuned for legibility
- The following 438 glyphs, expressed as CIDs and CID ranges, may
- also differ from the original Kozuka Gothic design, in that they
- have been tuned for legibility purposes:
- Thus, these fonts have 8,849 glyphs that are common with the
- equivalent weight of Kozuka Gothic. Note that the UltraHeavy
- weight uses the 8,849 glyphs from Kozuka Gothic Heavy.
- The UTF-32 and BMP-only UTF-16 Unicode 'cmap' tables are based on
- the latest UniJIS2004-UTF32-H CMap file (CMapVersion=1.010), aligned
- with Adobe-Japan1-6 and Unicode Version 6.0.
- The 'cmap' table includes a Format 14 subtable that provides IVS
- support, and whose contents are based on the 12/14/2007 Adobe-
- Japan1 IVS set. Included are 6,765 default UVSes, and 390
- non-default ones.
- The OS/2.FSType values are set to 8.
- The Windows name.ID=4 string is the same as the name.ID=6 string.
- There are no /UIDBase values included, and only an /XUID array is
- in the 'CFF' tables.
- Includes Panose values in the 'OS/2' table.
- The 'CFF ' table of these fonts have been subroutinized.
- The following sixteen 'sfnt' tables are included:
- BASE, CFF, DSIG, GPOS, GSUB, OS/2, VORG, cmap, head, hhea, hmtx,
- maxp, name, post, vhea, vmtx
- The following fourteen GSUB features are included:
- aalt, dlig, expt, fwid, hwid, jp78, jp90, liga, nlck, pwid, trad,
- vert, vrt2, zero
- The 'aalt' feature is specifically designed to be a pure superset
- of the following eleven GSUB features:
- expt, fwid, hwid, jp78, jp90, nlck, pwid, trad, vert, vrt2, zero
- There were no GSUB feature changes in this release.
- The following six GPOS features are included:
- halt, kern, palt, vhal, vkrn, vpal
- Note that unlike other Adobe-Japan1-3 (aka, Std) fonts, these
- fonts include the two kerning GPOS features, specifically 'kern'
- and 'vkrn'.
- Some glyphs in the font cannot be accessed unless you are using an OpenType® compatible application.
Adobe Type Showroom
Index page for all family Read Me files
Adobe, the Adobe Logo, Kozuka Gothic and Ryo, Illustrator, InDesign, PageMaker and Photoshop are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. Windows and OpenType are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac, Mac OS and TrueType are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
© 2013 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.
created 2013 Jan 14