How the Residency works.
Adobe Creative Residents receive access to the best creative tools and resources, along with guidance from advisors and a compensation package. In return, residents proactively pursue their own personal creative projects while sharing their processes, insights, and inspirations with the community along the way.
Want to be a Creative Resident?
For tips on how to craft your best project proposal, read our insider tips.
Apply now through February 7 to be a 2019 Creative Resident.
When can I apply for the Creative Residency?
Applications are now open for the 2019-20 program year. At the top of this page, you can find the link to the application. Applications are open 12:00am January 7 - 11:59pm February 7, 2019 Pacific Time.
What are the dates of the Creative Residency year?
The Creative Residency runs from May through April each year.
What are the eligibility requirements?
Creative Residents must:
- Live in the United States, Germany, the United Kingdom, Japan, or Canada
- Relocation for the duration of the residency to one of these countries will not qualify you to be elligible
- Be of legal age and status to work in their given country
- Speak and write fluent English
- Interact with the creative community in the primary language of the country in which they live — e.g., German residents in German, UK residents in English, Japanese residents in Japanese
- Application and interviews are in English
In which creative fields are you interested in finding candidates?
We have a focus on the following fields:
- Digital drawing and painting
- Graphic design (digital and print)
- UI/UX design
- Short-form online video
We consider candidates from all visual design disciplines that have a digital component.
Can an individual apply with another person or as part of a team?
No. We currently accept only individuals for the Creative Residency.
Are Creative Residents paid?
Creative Residents are given health insurance and paid a full salary commensurate with their experience and geographical location. Adobe also covers each resident's travel and project costs, including hardware, during the residency.
Are Creative Residents required to relocate?
Creative Residents remain in their current living location with their existing studio setup. Residents will visit our Adobe San Francisco office once a quarter and can expect to spend up to 25% of their time traveling to creative events.
Can Creative Residents work for other clients during the residency?
The focus of the program is for Creative Residents to work on their projects and accomplish their long-term goals. Exceptions are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Whom do I contact with additional questions about the Creative Residency?
Please drop us a note at CreativeResidency@adobe.com