Join motion designer Eran Stern in this follow-along lab to elevate your animation skills with simple After Effects tools to create and modify keyframes for motion graphics. Using common animation principles, you’ll learn how to stage your scene, add appeal, and control timing. Apply these techniques to text, video, and shapes to add emotion to the motion. You’ll need a basic understanding of After Effects for this session.
As Eran shows how to improve your animation skills, you’ll learn how to:
- Create a comp from a Photoshop file while preserving live text capabilities
- Reveal text using masks and animation presets
- Improve animation techniques using the Graph Editor and parenting
- Use masks and text animators to create a cascade motion
- Build advanced overshoot animations using a built-in expression