Condolences and sympathy cards.
Creating a one-of-a-kind greeting.
1. May God give peace to the soul.
2. Wishing you peace, comfort, courage and lots of love through this time of sorrow.
3. May you find all the love you need in the days to come.
4. I am deeply sorry to hear about the passing of your loved one.
6. My sincerest condolences, sending love and comfort.
General condolence messages.
Generally speaking, think about keeping your condolence concise and kind. Choose a message that shows both sympathy and respect. Refrain from offering any advice or anecdotes at this time.
- “My sincerest condolences for you at this time. You have my deepest sympathy and unwavering support.”
- “Wishing you peace, comfort, courage, and lots of love at this time of sorrow.”
- “My heart goes out to you at this difficult time. Wishing you the best and know you have my full support in every moment.”
- “I am thinking of you and your family and sending caring thoughts your way to support you through this.”
- “It is often hard to find the right words at a time like this. May you find peace, comfort, and all the love you need in the days to come.”
Condolence messages for losing a family member.
For more personal condolences, anecdotes are appropriate. Start with a message of sympathy, then support, followed by a fond memory of the loved one lost.
- “My deepest sympathy for the loss of your [family member]. I will hold the memories we shared together so close to my heart.”
- “A mother is with us always, first in her lifetime, then forever in our memory.”
- “There are few words that do your father justice. Unrivaled and inspirational, he was one of the best and we are so fortunate to have had him in our lives. He will forever be remembered in the highest regard.”
- “The joy that your grandfather brought to the world will never be forgotten. May you always feel his love and pride.”
- “My heart goes out to the family as we fondly remember our grandmother. We are eternally grateful for all that she has done for us. She will be missed by many.”
Religious condolence messages.
Faith can inspire someone in grief with the strength they need during a challenging time. Be thoughtful of the recipient’s relationship with religion and offer a message that resonates with that. Relevant quotes can be added to enhance your showing of support.
- “May God give peace to the soul.”
- “My heartfelt condolences. I pray that you are surrounded by God’s comforting love.”
- “Through God’s love, I pray that He grant you the comfort that He alone can give. My heart is with you.”
- “I pray for peace for your heart and comfort for your loss. I am always here for you during this difficult time.”
- “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may be abound in hope.” Romans 15:13
Condolences to a friend who lost someone special.
Sympathy, support, and a personal message are the perfect foundation for a condolence card for a friend. Make it more meaningful by offering something thoughtful meant specifically for that friend: a way to cheer them up that perhaps only you know how.
- “Your [loved one] impacted the world in so many beautiful ways. They will be remembered with love and joy.”
- “My heart goes out to you. I know this is a difficult time but remember you are not alone, and that I am always here to support you with love and a shoulder to cry on.”
- “I cannot imagine the heartache you feel at this time. I am here for you, whether you need a hug or a home-cooked meal. Remembering your loved one with you in every moment.”
- “I am deeply sorry to hear about the passing of your loved one. I know they meant the world to you and to so many others. Their memory will forever live on in our hearts.”
- “My heart is so saddened by this loss. Some of my fondest memories are with you and your loved one. May we never forget the joy they brought to us.”
Loss of a co-worker sympathy card messages.
Take time to reflect on the impact of the co-worker’s life on your own and how to best memorialize them in a few meaningful words. If you are writing a card for someone who works at a different place than yourself, think about how to best offer support to their community and workplace during this time.
- “Sharing in your sorrow. My sincerest condolences, with love and comfort.”
- “What a joy it was to be able to work alongside [name]. We will never forget their kind spirit and all the ways they made each day a little brighter.”
- “The loss of [name] is felt by many. We will remember them always and often.”
- “Words can be challenging at a time like this. However, those around you care for you, and wish you comfort and peace of mind.”
- “Caring thoughts are with you as we share this sympathy. May [name] forever live on in our hearts.”
Loss of a pet sympathy card messages.
The loss of an animal companion often carries as much weight as the loss of a loved one. Show your full support for the recipient, along with a note that gently commemorates the pet’s life.
- “[Pet name] was the luckiest dog in the world to have you to love him. We will hold his memory so close to our hearts.”
- “Sharing in your sorrow as [pet name] will be missed by so many. There was never a day she didn’t put a smile on my face. Sending you all my love and support.”
- “At first they need us, then we need them. Wishing you comfort and peace during this difficult time.”
- “[Pet name] was simply the best. May the joy she brought us live on and continue to inspire us.”
- “[Pet name] lived such a full life of love, joy, and playfulness. My most heartfelt sympathy for your loss, and know I am here to offer support during this time of need.”
How to show your sympathy.
Let Adobe Spark help you.
When offering sympathy and condolences, showing support is key. Whether it’s a formal message, a religious blessing, or a personal letter, Adobe Spark Post has the template and customization tools you need to convey the right feeling. Remember to be gentle, kind, respectful, and attentive. Speak from the heart with words that inspire feelings of peace and comfort during a difficult time. And as time goes on, use Adobe Spark Post to continue to honor those who have passed with a card on their birthday or anniversary so that their legacy will always live on.