The 10 most popular types of YouTube channels.
Learn about the most popular YouTube channel types and how you can edit your content to your audience’s expectations.
When you start your own YouTube channel, consider which type might be right for you. Learn more about the 10 most popular types of YouTube channels around today.
10 different types of YouTube channels.
- ASMR: The increasingly popular ASMR channels create videos with soothing sounds and soft whispers that viewers find relaxing.
- Compilations: Compilation channels condense content produced by others into one video — you’ve probably watched at least one “10 Funniest Pets” videos.
- Educational: These channels inform and educate with videos such as documentaries.
- Entertainment: These channels feature musicians, comedians, animators, and other entertainers sharing creative skills.
- Gaming: One of the most popular channel types, gaming channels produce videos related to video and tabletop games.
- Infotainment: Infotainment channels resemble educational ones, but their main purpose is to entertain with interesting facts and stories.
- Journalism: From politics to sports, these channels offer current news, opinions, and commentary.
- Reviews: Whether unboxing a package or commenting on movies, these channels inform viewers about the quality of various products.
- Travel: From exotic locations to local sights, these channels cover everything related to travel.
- Tutorials and how-to: These channels teach you how to complete tasks, from fixing a car to putting on make-up.
YouTube channel type vs. category.
YouTube requires you to pick one of 15 categories for your channel. It’s important to choose the correct category so YouTube can properly process your content. The channel category may not always match the channel type though, so it’s good to be aware of the distinction.
Edit videos for your YouTube channel.
Each channel type requires different video production methods. Adobe Premiere Pro has the tools to create any kind of content — easily cut and trim videos, adjust color, edit sound, and much more.
Explore everything you can do with Premiere Pro to create videos that are right for your YouTube channel.